The JLM would like to extend to you our “Extra Hands,” a committee the JLM formed to provide assistance to nonprofit organizations for special events, and we have a terrific group of volunteers ready to serve. To qualify for the help of JLM’s Extra Hands, your organization must meet the following criteria:
- Event must be applicable to our mission: “The Junior League of Memphis is an organization of women committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women and improving communities through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. Its purpose is exclusively educational and charitable.”
- Applicants must have 501 (c) (3) nonprofit status.
- Publicity regarding the event must mention the support of the Junior League of Memphis. (Logos are available upon request.)
- While we do our best to accommodate multiple shifts, we ask that you limit your request to two shifts per weekend day and one shift per weekday.
- JLM members must not be directly involved in raising money for your organization, providing transportation, or serving alcohol.
- JLM will assist with a maximum of three events per year for a single organization.
- The application deadline must be met as follows.
We are accepting applications for events scheduled from August 2016 through May 2017. To apply for the help of our Extra Hands volunteers, please complete this application. If you are requesting volunteers for more than one event, please submit a separate application for each event.
Sarah Colley, Extra Hands Chair, 2016-2017