Lace up your running shoes and let’s get going for the Junior League of Memphis (JLM) 5K! The JLM 5K supports the work of the Junior League of Memphis, which is dedicated to service and programming aiming to revitalize the neighborhoods of Memphis. When you sign up for the JLM 5K you are directly impacting the day-to-day work in our communities. Which includes everything from beautification to tutoring to meal service, or any other activity that improves and enhances the daily lives of Memphians.
When: May 13, 2017 at 9:00 am
Where: Wiseacre Brewing Company (2783 Broad Avenue Memphis, TN 38112)
Are you or your company interested in sponsoring the 2017 JLM 5K click here to review our various sponsorship packages.
- Supports the work that Junior League of Memphis is doing to revitalize the neighborhoods of Memphis!
- Chip Timing
Race Registration Cost:
- Now – April 14 – $25
- April 14 – May 12 – $30
- Race Day (May 13) – $35
- Thursday, May 11 from 5 pm – 7 pm. at TBA
- Friday, May 12 from 5 p.m. – 7 p.m. at TBA
- Saturday, May 13 – Walk-up registration at the Wiseacre Brewing Company (2783 Broad Avenue Memphis, TN 38112)
The JLM’s 5K for Kids has become one of the community’s most well-attended races because:
- Runners and walkers enjoy a unique 5K course through east Memphis.
- The race is stroller friendly – the entire family is welcome to participate!
- Race-day events include plenty of activities for kids, including a children’s fun run, games and activities, and a “Kids in the Kitchen” area to teach children how to make healthy snacks.
What the JLM is doing to change the trend:
- Much of the programming JLM provides and funds promotes healthy and active lifestyles for families.
- JLM volunteers also lead “Kids in the Kitchen” demonstrations around the community, teaching kids and parents how to prepare nutritious (and kid-approved) snacks and meals.
- Funds raised through the JLM 5K directly support the JLM’s efforts to provide trained volunteers and financial support to community partners and agencies, with an emphasis on revitalizing neighborhoods in and around Memphis through the development of, and participation in, programs that positively impact the environments where people live, work and play.
The possibilities for making a positive impact on Memphis neighborhoods are endless. The JLM will revitalize neighborhoods through programs and partnerships, hands-on service and advocacy. JLM hopes to play a strategic role in facilitating conversations among community organizations, leaders and other stakeholders, in order to determine how JLM can address the unique needs of each community we serve. And the day-to-day work in these communities could include everything from beautification to tutoring to meal service, or any other activity that improves and enhances the daily lives of Memphians.