The Junior League of Memphis (JLM) is pleased to accept applications for our Community Assistance Fund.
The JLM sets aside funds for grants to nonprofit organizations that are deemed to have significant positive impact on the community, but would not meet the requirements to be one of our community programs. This allows flexibility in appropriating funds to community agencies and organizations whose projects and activities are consistent with the JLM mission and focus.
We encourage local community agencies and organizations to apply. Your grant request will be appraised on the basis of the specific criteria (outlined below).
Thank you for your interest in a Community Assistance Fund (CAF) from the Junior League of Memphis (JLM). This fund enables the JLM to immediately address community needs that have significant community impact. This allows flexibility in appropriating funds to community agencies and organizations whose programs and activities are consistent with the JLM mission and focus.
Your grant request will be appraised on the basis of the specific criteria listed below. Please keep these guidelines in mind as you develop your request and complete the enclosed application.
1. Agencies applying for CAF must be a 501(c) (3) organization or the equivalent with the IRS.
2. The awarding of grants will be limited to one per organization or agency every 24 months.
3. Priority will be given to requests that have the ability to impact the most people, address a critical need or have a lasting community impact.
4. A CAF will not be considered if:
– It is within the scope of the Community Project Research Committee;
– The proposal is for a political campaign or purpose;
– It is for a sectarian religious project, although faith-based projects which benefit the general public may be considered;
– Funds are used for general operating expenses or travel;
– It solely benefits an individual person.
5. CAF proposals recommended by the Community Council are subject to Board approval.
6. Funds must be used within the geographic area of the JLM. (Shelby County)
7. Documentation of the use of the grant must be received by the JLM within 90 days of disbursement of Community Assistance Funds.
A member of the Community Council will be in touch with you to request a visit to your location and to ask further questions as needed. Please feel free to contact External Community Manager, Sarah Locke, at ExternalCommunity@jlmemphis.org concerning your application.
Click here to fill out the form.