After careful consideration keeping the health and safety of our participants, volunteers and spectators in mind, and in response to the recommendations by the CDC regarding group/crowd size for gatherings, we are transitioning this year’s JLM 5K / 10K to a Virtual Race. This was a difficult decision; however, we believe it to be our best option to continue our event this year. Whatever else is going on in the world, our community programs still count on the Junior League of Memphis to support their needs in the Memphis community.
When: May 9, 2020
Where: Your neighborhood – it’s a virtual race!
What is a Virtual Race:
A virtual race is a race where participants run, jog, walk or stroll from any location you choose. Maybe it’s your neighborhood, an in-home treadmill or a scenic trail. You get to run your own race, at your own pace, and time it yourself.
Committee members will be delivering or mailing your race t-shirt next week to the address you provided during registration. Please email Lauren Carney ASAP if you want your shirt delivered to a different address. NOTE: Registrations made May 7 and after, t-shirt delivery can not be guaranteed for race day (Saturday, May 9).
Are you or your company interested in sponsoring the 2020 JLM 5K & 10K? Click here to review our sponsorship levels for both individuals and organizations. To become a sponsor, contact Lauren Carney, JLM 5K & 10K Chair or Michelle Nixon, Director of Development who can be reached by phone at 901.452.2151.
Race registration cost:
*Registration will remain open through Saturday, May 9.
- 5K: $25 (price will increase to $35 on race day)
- 10K: $35 (price will increase to $45 on race day)
Making an impact: Your registration directly supports the work that the Junior League of Memphis is doing in the community.
- Funds raised through the JLM 5K & 10K directly support the JLM’s efforts to provide trained volunteers and financial support to community programs and agencies. Your registration fee is going back to the following community programs: G.R.O.W., Camp Good Grief, Carpenter Art Garden, Habitat for Humanity, Memphis Athletic Ministries, Memphis Tilth, Refugee Empowerment Program and REACH Memphis.
ON RACE DAY:
- Share your “race” photos: We encourage you to take a photo of yourself—wearing your t-shirt—and post it to your social media accounts using the hashtag #JLMemphis and tag us @jlmemphis on Instagram and Twitter, or Junior League of Memphis on Facebook. Feel free to include your pets, kids, or family members in your photo!
- Team spirit: If you are participating on a team, we encourage you and your team members to tag each other in your photos as well, and get creative when incorporating your team name/theme in your photos!
Save the date:
We hope that you will be able to join us for our Fall 5K/10K, being held on October 17, 2020, on our usual race course through beautiful East Memphis.