JLM: Member Spotlight: Tricia Adrian
Placement: First Year Sustainer
1. What made you join the Junior League of Memphis?
I joined the Junior League of Memphis right after graduating law school to meet new people and make new connections in the community.
2. How long have you been involved with JLM?
3. What’s your favorite JLM memory?
My favorite memory is attending the bus tour as a Provisional Advisor with my new Provisional group. I had the best group of Provisionals, and the tour highlighted some of the great things JLM does in the community.
4. What’s your occupation?
I’m a Partner at Harris Shelton Hanover Walsh, PLLC. I am a real estate, business, and economic development attorney.
5. As a child, what did you dream of becoming when you grew up?
I wanted to be a geologist or paleontologist. I loved rocks and fossils. I still love decorating my house with geodes!
6. What’s your favorite place in the world?
Monteagle, Tennessee at the Monteagle Sunday School Assembly. We love hiking, swimming and sitting on one of the many porches of my husband’s family cottage that was built in 1914.
7. What’s the last book you’ve read?
I read so much at work and have really slacked on pleasure reading. We are currently reading a lot of Dr. Seuss at my house these days with two girls under 3.
8. What are you passionate about?
I am passionate about Memphis and the surrounding areas. As an economic development lawyer, it is great to see initiatives I have worked on become a reality to bring jobs and growth to the community.
9. Who would you like to swap places with for a day?
My 2 ½-year-old daughter. She gets to have someone cook for her, play outside, do an art project and take a nap – every day!
10. What do you enjoy doing on the weekends?
This year, I have enjoyed attending the Memphis 901FC matches. It’s a fun way to spend a night downtown!
11. What’s your greatest achievement?
My greatest achievement has been finding a true partner in life with my husband, Nelson. Without his help, I would not have been able to maintain and grow a successful law practice with two very young kids and give my time to JLM as well as other social and philanthropic activities.
12. If you could master a skill that you don’t currently possess what would it be?
Anything artistic – painting, drawing and singing.
13. What’s something on your bucket list?
I really want to go to the wineries in Oregon. I hope to make that trip a reality with some friends soon!
14. Additional details that you’d like to share?
I am thankful for my years in JLM and the friendships I have gained. I look forward to meeting more sustainers since I am new to that group!