JLM: Member Spotlight: Tahiarah Gettis
1. What made you join the Junior League of Memphis?
I am a Transfer Member from the Junior League of Louisville, KY. I initially joined the Junior League to meet other professional women, serve my community and have fun in my city.
2. As a child, what did you dream of becoming when you grew up?
I wanted to be a surgeon, but turns out I don’t like wounds much.
3. Who inspires you?
My late father is the best human I have ever met. I am very blessed to have a dad I was and am proud of. I am beyond thankful for everything he taught me that has helped me manage life. I also share my dad’s initials (TMG)
4. What’s your favorite quote?
Never lose hope!
5. What’s your favorite place in the world?
6. What’s the last book you’ve read?
It’s Not About the Coffee by Howard Behar
7. Who would you like to swap places with for a day?
Someone who lives in a different part of the world, speaks another language(s) and is from a different culture.
8. What do you enjoy doing on the weekends?
I enjoy studying for my real estate class, sorority events and spending time with family and friends.
9. If you could master a skill that you don’t currently possess what would it be?
Other than a superpower, is that a choice? Being fluent in Spanish.
10. What’s something on your bucket list?
I would pick one thing from my list of ten related to entrepreneurship
and see it through from start to finish. I don’t want to just finish it but be
11. Additional details that you’d like to share:
I like to meet new people so if anyone is going to a happy hour or brunch, invite me!