Are you a current Junior League member who is interested in transferring to or from the Junior League of Memphis? Click here to learn more.
Attend one of the JLM information sessions below, where you will learn more about the Junior League of Memphis and interact with current members to have all your questions answered.
- June 8 – Alchemy | 5-7 p.m.
- June 21 – Community Resource Center 3745 Highland | 5:30 – 7 p.m.
The Junior League of Memphis is an organization of women committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women, and improving communities through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. Its purpose is exclusively educational and charitable.
New Member (Provisional):
The first year in the Junior League of Memphis is called the new member or “Provisional” year. In the first year, you will complete a new member course, which consists of approximately 45 hours of volunteer work over the course of a year. The new member experience includes large and small group meetings, a project, monthly JLM-wide membership meetings, work in the community, and a financial contribution to the Junior League of Memphis.
Click here to read the FAQ document.
To apply for membership:
- Applicants must be at least 23 years old by May 31, 2017.
- Applicants may be sponsored by a current Junior League of Memphis member (Active or Sustainer members who remains in good standing), OR supply an email letter of recommendation from an employer, colleague, family member, or friend to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Payment of $190 is required at the time of application and will secure your spot. No additional monies will be accepted during the application process. If you have any questions about the Junior League of Memphis or application, please email email@example.com.
The JLM is committed to providing a safe environment for its volunteers and the communities it serves. Background screening helps to ensure the safety and well-being of the organization, its members, community partners and the populations served by the organization. Prospective members are required to satisfactorily complete a background screen by July 1. Cost is approximately $30 and prospective members will be provided access to complete their background screening no later than June 1. Please note, background screening payment is due at the time in which the member initiates the screening. If you have any questions regarding background screening, Click here to access our policy or contact Whitney Harmon, JLM Secretary, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click on the videos below to hear directly from Junior League of Memphis members sharing what the mission means to them.