The Junior League of Memphis (JLM) welcomes women of all backgrounds, who have an interest in voluntarism, a commitment to community service and an interest in developing their potential as a volunteer and leader in the Memphis community.
A Member’s first year is also known as the “Provisional” year, which is designed to provide a meaningful experience to learn more about the Junior League of Memphis’ history and structure, develop your potential as a leader, gain valuable skills to equip members to be effective volunteers and connect you with both like-minded women and other organizations committed to improving the Memphis community.
The Provisional experiences includes: small group meetings, training sessions, and hands-on volunteer opportunities that support our mission, and JLM functions including General Membership Meetings, fundraisers and socials.
A candidate for membership must:
- Be at least 23 years old by May 31, 2022 (beginning of first year active year).
- Demonstrate an interest in voluntarism and a commitment to community service and have an active interest in developing your potential as a volunteer and community leader.
- Be able fulfill the Provisional year requirements as outlined by Provisional Leadership team.
- Be sponsored by a current JLM member (Active or Sustainer Member who is in good standing) OR submit a letter of recommendation from an employer, college, family member or friend along with online application. Letters of recommendation must be on letterhead, signed, dated, written expressly to the Junior League of Memphis and include submitter’s contact information.
- Payment of a $25 non-refundable application fee and the $190-Provisional course fee must be paid when submitting your application. A Background Screening** is required once you have received notification that you have been accepted to join the Junior League of Memphis
April 22 at 6:30 PM – Virtual
Please click here to register for the April 22.
April 28 at 6:30 PM or 7:30 PM- In Person ( Sign Up via Sign Up Genius Link )
May Virtual May 12 at 6:30 PM
Please click here to register for this virtual event:
May 18 In Person 6:30 PM or 7:30 PM ( Sign Up Via Sign Up Genius Link)
A prospective member who meets the eligibility requirements, must complete an online application and pay required fees. The Junior League of Memphis will notify each candidate to confirm that she has met the eligibility requirements and been accepted to join the organization.
Click Here to submit 2021-2022 Provisional Class Application
Deadline for application is July 31, 2021
If you have any questions about the Junior League of Memphis or application, please email email@example.com.
The Junior League of Memphis is committed to providing a safe environment for its volunteers and the communities it serves. Background screening helps to ensure the safety and well-being of the organization, its members, community partners and the populations served by the organization. Prospective members are required to satisfactorily complete a one-time background screening by Wednesday, July 14, 2021. The prospective members will be provided access to complete their background screening when their provisional application is submitted. Please note, background screening payment is due at the time in which the member initiates the screening. The Junior League of Memphis has negotiated a rate for the background checks. This is the general rate that applicants will pay. However, some prospective members may have lived in jurisdictions that carry an additional fee. A complete and thorough background check is required for all prospective members prior to acceptance into the Junior League of Memphis. Prospective members are responsible for payment of those additional fees. If you have any questions regarding background screening, contact the board Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org