The Junior League of Memphis (JLM) welcomes women of all backgrounds, who have an interest in voluntarism, a commitment to community service, and an interest in developing their potential as a volunteer and leader in the Memphis community.
A member’s first year is also known as the “Provisional” year, which is designed to provide a meaningful experience to learn more about the Junior League of Memphis’ history and structure, develop your potential as a leader, gain valuable skills to equip members to be effective volunteers and connect you with both like-minded women and other organizations committed to improving the Memphis community.
The Provisional experiences includes: small group meetings, training sessions, and hands-on volunteer opportunities that support our mission, and league functions including general membership meetings, fundraisers and socials.
GET TO KNOW JLM– Information Sessions for Prospective Members
If you are interested in joining the Junior League of Memphis, we invite you to attend one of our recruitment events to learn more about our organization.
Click on date below and register to attend one of our sessions:
- Wednesday, July 10, 6:30 p.m.– Coletta’s (2850 Appling Rd, Memphis, TN 38133).
- Thursday, July 11, 6-8 p.m. – Yes Way Rosé (Midtown).
- Wednesday, July 17th, 7:30-10:30 p.m.– Memphis 901 FC vs. Nashville SC – Box Suite (200 Union Avenue, 38103) Light appetizers provided. Note: limit 15
A candidate for membership must:
- Be at least 23 years old by May 31, 2020 (beginning of first year active year).
- Demonstrate an interest in voluntarism and a commitment to community service and have an active interest in developing your potential as a volunteer and community leader.
- Be able fulfill the Provisional year requirements as outlined by Provisional Leadership team.
- Be sponsored by a current JLM member (Active or Sustainer member who is in good standing), OR submit a letter of recommendation from an employer, college, family member or friend along with online application. Letters of recommendation must be on letterhead, signed, dated, written expressly to the Junior League of Memphis and include recommender contact information.
- Payment of a $25 non-refundable application fee is required at the time of application. $190-Provisional course fee* & Background Screening** are required once you have received notification that you have been accepted to join the Junior League of Memphis.
A prospective member who meets the eligibility requirements, must complete an online application and pay required fees. The Junior League of Memphis will notify each candidate to confirm that she has met the eligibility requirements and been accepted to join the organization.
Are you a current Junior League member who is interested in transferring to or from the Junior League of Memphis?
Click here to learn more.
Application deadline is July 31, 2019
If you have any questions about the Junior League of Memphis or application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click Here to read the 2019 FAQ document.
Haga clic aquí para leer el documento FAQ de 2019.
The Junior League of Memphis is committed to providing a safe environment for its volunteers and the communities it serves. Background screening helps to ensure the safety and well-being of the organization, its members, community partners and the populations served by the organization. Prospective members are required to satisfactorily complete a one-time background screening by Sunday, September 1, 2019. The prospective members will be provided access to complete their background screening when their provisional application is submitted. Please note, background screening payment is due at the time in which the member initiates the screening. If you have any questions regarding background screening, contact Shaterra Reed-Marion, JLM Secretary.