The Junior League of Memphis (JLM) welcomes women of all backgrounds, who have an interest in voluntarism, a commitment to community service and an interest in developing their potential as a volunteer and leader in the Memphis community.
A Member’s first year is also known as the “Provisional” year, which is designed to provide a meaningful experience to learn more about the Junior League of Memphis’ history and structure, develop your potential as a leader, gain valuable skills to equip members to be effective volunteers and connect you with both like-minded women and other organizations committed to improving the Memphis community.
The Provisional experiences includes: small group meetings, training sessions, and hands-on volunteer opportunities that support our mission, and JLM functions including General Membership Meetings, fundraisers and socials.
A candidate for membership must:
- Be at least 23 years old by May 31, 2021 (beginning of first year active year).
- Demonstrate an interest in voluntarism and a commitment to community service and have an active interest in developing your potential as a volunteer and community leader.
- Be able fulfill the Provisional year requirements as outlined by Provisional Leadership team.
- Be sponsored by a current JLM member (Active or Sustainer Member who is in good standing) OR submit a letter of recommendation from an employer, college, family member or friend along with online application. Letters of recommendation must be on letterhead, signed, dated, written expressly to the Junior League of Memphis and include submitter’s contact information.
- Payment of a $25 non-refundable application fee and the $190-Provisional course fee must be paid when submitting your application. A Background Screening** is required once you have received notification that you have been accepted to join the Junior League of Memphis.
July 7, 2020 6 – 7pm
Virtual Recruitment Event #6
Click here to register.
July 13, 2020 6 – 7pm
Virtual Recruitment Event #7
Click here to register.
A prospective member who meets the eligibility requirements, must complete an online application and pay required fees. The Junior League of Memphis will notify each candidate to confirm that she has met the eligibility requirements and been accepted to join the organization.
Provisional Application for 2020-2021 is open! To apply, click here.
If you have any questions about the Junior League of Memphis or application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click Here to read the 2020 FAQ document.
Haga clic aquí para leer el documento FAQ de 2020.
The Junior League of Memphis is committed to providing a safe environment for its volunteers and the communities it serves. Background screening helps to ensure the safety and well-being of the organization, its members, community partners and the populations served by the organization. Prospective members are required to satisfactorily complete a one-time background screening by Wednesday, July 15, 2020. The prospective members will be provided access to complete their background screening when their provisional application is submitted. Please note, background screening payment is due at the time in which the member initiates the screening. If you have any questions regarding background screening, contact Shaterra Reed-Marion, JLM Secretary.